Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Blue Umbrella

Go see this film in front of Monsters University! Here are a few pieces of concept work for Pixar's new short film, "The Blue Umbrella." This project is very special to me because it was the first Pixar film I created a color script for. I learned so much throughout the process and I feel very happy that the geniuses in the Technical and Lighting Departments carried through brilliantly, and did a fantastic job in plussing my color and lighting suggestions. You'll also find a couple of set paintings of the city block and a handful of costume sketches for our Blue and Red Umbrella owners. Artwork copyright by Disney/Pixar.






9 comments:

Pagas said...

Davvero ottimi questi studi!

Gio M. said...

Wow...I loved the movie and the short. Great work.

moncuccogent said...

Proud of you anak! keep the good work.

Wendell Dalit said...

awesome stuff Paul, I really enjoyed the short!

John Nevarez said...

Beautiful!!! Great work Paul!

Paul Abadilla said...

Thank you everyone! :]

Irene said...

Emotionally rich and beautiful, Paul Abadilla! As a photographer, I was especially taken by the light, texture and color nuances of your paintings. So very well done and captivating.

Tanglebrook said...

Finally I get to read this article! Just saw the movie and Blue Umbrella was gorgeous. As was MU, but really, I couldn't believe how good your city looked. Congrats.

Dwayne Johnston said...

Haven't seen The Blue Umbrella yet, I'll add to my list, glad you liked it!

Dwayne Johnston (Eureka Joe's)